- Are you interested in enhancing your healing practices by learning from an unbroken shamanic lineage stretching back hundreds of years in a culture thousands of years old?
- Would you like to apply practical shamanic healing in your everyday life, gain a deeper understanding of rituals, create sacred spaces, the Nature of the elements, and work with them?
- Are you called to a deeper understanding of traditional healing practices from Himalayan Nepal?
If it seems like something you would like to learn and apply, Nepal Shaman Education (www.bholanepalshaman.education) offers the fifth round of online introductory courses.
Based on participants’ inputs and experiences from previous lessons, we are greatly encouraged to extend our transmissions to more groups and organizations, to tend and feed the flame of our ancestral oral wisdom. This is a unique opportunity to participate in a course that will teach you to enhance communication with the spirits and ancestors.
We are again offering this course due to the high degree of positive feedback we received from previous classes. All the instructions will be in English.
FIVE SHORT PRACTICAL COURSES IN DHAMI -JHANKRI SHAMANISM – NEPAL
Those of you who have already completed sessions with me know that many questions arise about the ceremony’s practical aspects. So, I have prepared short courses of instruction to guide you in the processes, moving on to specific ritual implements and short deity practices. These five short courses will deliver fundamental aspects of Dhami-Jhankri Shamanism and give you greater confidence in practising all your ceremonies. We begin with two short lessons that teach the core procedures we use in every healing ceremony. The ritual tools enhance that practice and enable us to confidently engage with any of the deities and spirits we are working with.
1. Laying the Foundation-Ritual Instructions: 12/13 April (in conjunction with Ghodejatra, the Horse Festival)
The methods we use in every ceremony make it as effective as possible. These connect us with the lineage, ancestors and teachers.
● Setting up your Altar, Implements, Materials and Offerings
● Purification and Protection of Body, Self and Sacred Space
● Invocations and Mantras Closing a Session
● Yantras and their place in practice
2. Ceremonial Implements and Sacred Tools: 26/27 April (Full moon dedicated to the Vayu Deo- wind spirit)
A simple introduction to those used and possible substitutes.
● Altar Containers – the Coconut/Kapala/Batuka/Thaal-plate and other bowls, the Kalasha (Water Pot)
● Altar cloth and other cloth, ribbons and threads
● Oil Lamps and Candles
● Incenses and Burners Statues and other Representations of Deities
● The Dhyangro (Drum)The Aina (Shamanic Mirror)
● The Khuringi (Curved Knife) and other knives
● The Bow and Arrow
● Elemental representations
3. Sarpa Deo Naga Practice: 11/12 May (in conjunction with Machendranath festivities – rain and fertility)
We will explore the key Naga practices and the Nagas to which they relate. The Nagas are immensely important as guardians of the land, water and subterranean realms and boundary spaces. Their role in maintaining balance and harmony between humans and both the physical and spiritual environment is vital.
Transmissions will include:
● The importance of the sacred places of Nature
● Spirit presences and our relationship with them
● Group Naga Puja, including a particular invocation and petition
4. Kili Kilaya – The Ritual Dagger and the Deity Vajrakila: 25/26 May (Dhami-Jhankri’s perspective- in conjunction with Uttarayana/Ubhauli Full Moon)
One of the Nepali Shaman’s key ritual weapons, the Kila (also known as the Phurba), is perhaps the most versatile and influential of all. Please try to acquire a Kila for this session (guidance will be given).
● The participants will learn the Kila myths, their manifestation as the world tree, grounding power and connector between the realms.
● The Kila is used to extract spiritual illness, subdue and pin down the disturbing forces, cleanse spaces, charge healing waters and impart blessings and more in shamanic work.
● Participants learn the sacred Kila mudras—the ritual handling of the sacred dagger—and how you can utilize this marvellous shamanic tool in your practice.
● Kila mantra will also be transmitted and activated.
● Individual empowerment, protection, harmony, balance, and raising innate power concludes the course.
5. Dasha-Graha-Mansai-Pansai: Removing Spiritual and Planetary Obstacles to Growth and Transformation: June 15/16
● Participants will work with Ganyap (Ganesha, Ganapati) as one of the first archetypal shamans, removing obstacles and bestows material and spiritual prosperity.
● The Nine Planets and their role in our everyday spiritual path, health and harmony and important ritual to calm their adverse effects.
● Through the Spirit of Fire, Agni Deo, participants participate in a ceremony to transmute obstacles in the path and ignite new energy and vigor.
● After the Seed Syllables’ Initiation, Activation, Empowerment, and raising the personal spirit, the course comes to an end.
In these 5 Short Courses, you will receive the basis of strong practices with deities and spirits for the benefit of yourself and others. As always, the importance of continued practice is stressed.
As limited spaces are left, please send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your place and receive more information on fees and other details.
(may all be auspicious)